Weddings at the Elmgrove
 

THE ELMGROVE CENTRE was formerly the Anglican Church and Sunday School of St Nathanael, now joined with St Matthews Church, Kingsdown. It was built in about 1870, out of Brandon Hill stone and slate roof tiles.  The Elmgrove Centre is used in a variety of ways, including toddler groups, Latin American and Modern Ballroom classes, for children's parties and for wedding receptions.


In 1996 the premises were licensed for marriages, and Christian weddings can now take place in the chancel of the church building. It is possible to have a small wedding in the chancel by keeping the curtains closed, or, by opening them, to have a large congregation present. The first marriage took place in October 1996 and we look forward to having many more

Continued >>
 
< Prev